Safari extension not working

brenn_t
brenn_t
Community Member

The safari extension is not working for me.

1Password 7
Version 7.2.1 (70201002)
AgileBits Store

I get these messages in the console:
error 22:38:42.798207 -0400 1PasswordSafariAppExtension cannot open file at line 42249 of [95fbac39ba]
error 22:38:42.798271 -0400 1PasswordSafariAppExtension os_unix.c:42249: (2) open(/var/db/DetachedSignatures) - No such file or directory
error 22:38:44.033128 -0400 1PasswordSafariAppExtension Unable to load Info.plist exceptions (eGPUOverrides)

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• harrismix
    harrismix
    Community Member

Not working for me either, if I click the 1password icon in the Safari toolbar then Safari just briefly flashes once and nothing happens. 1Password 7.2.1 is showing as installed in the list of extensions in Safari but it's not working

• ianfieldhouse
    ianfieldhouse
    Community Member

Same here. 1Password 7.2.1 installed and listed in Safari. Clicking on 1Password menubar app or icon in Safari does nothing. Same with the autofill hotkey. Extension doesn't offer to save passwords.

Menu bar app only work when main app is in the foreground.

• ianfieldhouse
    ianfieldhouse
    Community Member
    edited October 2018

I discovered the problem. I signed up for a family plan and had previously had v6 installed. When v7 was installed it was installed in ~/Applications for some reason. Simply moving the app back into /Applications and restarting solved the problem for me. Must have been sandbox related I presume.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Welcome to the forum, @brenn_t! (and other folks):

There are a few reasons why the 1Password extension might not be working:

1) If you've recently upgraded to 1Password 7 for Mac after being a user of a previous version, 1Password 7 will be in Read Only mode unless you either have a 1password.com membership or you purchase a new license for the new version. In Read Only (unlicensed) mode, 1Password 7 for Mac will not allow you to add, edit or delete any of your data...or to use the browser extension.

2) For the first time in our history, 1Password 7 for Mac is a fully sandboxed app, whether you install it from the Mac App Store or download and install it directly from our downloads page. This will bring greater compatibility with macOS as well as security improvements, but it means that 1Password AND any browsers you use it with must be installed in the main /Applications folder. If you're used to installing in other locations, you're going to have to Quit 1Password 7 Completely by typing ^⌥⌘Q (or just holding down the Control and Option keys as you choose Quit from the 1Password menu) and then move it over into /Applications.

3) Occasionally, depending upon specific setup, you may need to visit Safari's Preferences > Extensions and make sure the 7.2 extension is installed and activated. If it isn't, turn it on, then restart your Mac and see if that resolves the issue.

Anyone still having problems, feel free to follow up right here in this thread. Thanks!

• brenn_t
    brenn_t
    Community Member

Thanks for this info. When Mojave was released, I did a fresh install. But I had saved my old applications in a backup folder. I discovered that upon signing into my user account, some start up process was trying to launch using the old 1Password application from the backup folder, rather than using 1Password 7 from the current applications folder. Once I removed the backup, everything started working. Thanks again!

• marshbur
    marshbur
    Community Member

I've got 1Password 7.1.2, and I suspect Safari has had at least one update since I got 1Password. I don't see the 1Password icon in Safari like I do in FireFox and Chrome and it doesn't appear that the 1Password extension is there. My copy of 1Password is in /Applications. I can manually download one version of the 1Password extension that seems to work in Safari, but the next time I start up a Safari session I'm back to no 1Password extension. Is this a case of needing to re-install 1Password so the latest Safari version sees it? Thanks very much for any advice you can give me.

• marshbur
    marshbur
    Community Member

Well, after visiting the discussion specific to using 1Password on browsers, I followed the link again to download the Safari extension manually, and this time it seemed to take. When I start a fresh Safari session, I still see the 1Password icon in the toolbar, so for now I'm a happy camper. Thanks for the advice in this forum!

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@marshbur - glad to hear it! Let us know if you need anything else. :)

This discussion has been closed.