How can I check to see if my dropbox is using op vault?

chezie
chezie
Community Member

Hello, I am just updating my MacBook pro to ver 7.4 from 6, and found this new op vault thing. The HP desktop, and 4 other mobile apple devices have been using ver 4 and 7.2 for a bit, so maybe the vault is already updated in dropbox? How can I tell? I am nervous about messing this conversion up....

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 7.2.1
OS Version: OS 10.13.6 High sierra
Sync Type: dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:how do I know for sure if I am using the op vault on Dropbox?

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Welcome to the forum, @chezie! In any 1Password app on any device you have, you can visit the Sync tab of Preferences (or settings, depending on device/platform), and you should be able to see the full file path of the sync keychain, including whether it's an older-style .agilekeychain or a newer .opvault.

Another good thing to check is to open your Dropbox folder on your Mac or PC and just look inside for any such keychains. You can also do this by visiting Dropbox on the web and signing into your account. If you haven't already begun, here's the instructions for converting from Agile Keychain to OPVault. Do this on only ONE device, then, on any others, you only need to turn off sync, then turn it back on...but connect to the new keychain you created on the first device.

If you're looking for a better way to use 1Password that doesn't require you set up, maintain and troubleshoot advanced, 3rd party sync methods like Dropbox, a 1Password membership may be for you. :)

This discussion has been closed.