Backup...

Kelv1n
Kelv1n
Community Member

Hi Guys

Some I'm evaluating the 1Password monthly subscription - I'll be signing up.

But I do like the idea of keeping a backup of my passwords, but from what I can tell, the Mac Agent will only let you back-up or sync Local vaults. Is there another solution to this? I'd like to have it backup to my Google Drive folder!

Thanks

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@Kelv1n - awesome! I think you'll really like the ease and convenience of a 1password.com membership. Regarding backups, I totally understand the desire to have multiple redundant copies of your important information...but you already DO have that with a 1Password membership, which is why there aren't local backup options. The "canonical" record of your data lives on the 1password.com servers (more on that in a minute), but each device on which you run 1Password also has a local store of the data. So, if you were to have your laptop stolen or leave your phone in a cafe or what have you, not only would you still have the server copy, untouched, but also all your other devices would still have their own local cache of the data.

We also use Amazon's AWS for our host of the 1Password server (and your data). They're currently the best in the business, and their disaster preparedness plan is quite something: two full data centers would have to be destroyed before user data accessibility would even start to be impacted...and even if something like a monster hurricane did wipe out enough of their infrastructure to temporarily render syncing with the server unavailable, you'd still have your local copies. In short: you're covered. :) And all without having to mess with remembering to create a backup plan.

This discussion has been closed.