How to get a fresh . start?

lhrusovsky
lhrusovsky
Community Member

I set up a 1Password account and selected a plan, submitted a credit card for payment and have received an email confirming payment. I installed 1Password v7 and the opening screen asks for a password. I enter the same password I used to access my account and immediately 1Password v7 tells me wrong password. I don't know another password.. How do I get a fresh start?

1Password Version: 7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.14
Sync Type: icloud

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@lhrusovsky - I'm sorry for the trouble! When you launch 1Password 7 for Mac, if it shows you the lock screen, then that means either that it found older version 6 data and converted it (and is asking for that Master Password you used previously), or that you already used 1Password 7 for Mac to create some data (or at least set it up with a Master Password). Either way, if you cannot remember the Master Password you used, then it doesn't matter, as that data will be unrecoverable. If you're certain there isn't any 1Password data on your Mac that you might need, you can start over by clicking Help > Troubleshooting > Reset All 1Password Data and following the onscreen instructions. The next time you open 1Password 7 for Mac, it will be as if you are a brand-new user. Click the top button to sign into your 1password.com account and you should be all set, but let us know if you need any additional assistance.

• lhrusovsky
    lhrusovsky
    Community Member

I did as you say and now when I try to sign into my account it tells me I have an incorrect secret key. I am copying and pasting from the 1Password emergency kit. Now what?

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@lhrusovsky - that sounds very much as if you've created multiple 1password.com accounts at various points, and you're using the Emergency Kit from another account. Either that, or you've at some point regenerated your Secret Key or gone through the recovery process, and are using an outdated Emergency Kit. Could that be possible?

This discussion has been closed.