Don't Want to Upgrade but Now Can't use 6.8

genec123
genec123
Community Member

I tried to upgrade but then discovered it costs too much. I want to stay with 6.x. But now when I go to a login on the web and click the 1Password button, I see the login information there but when I choose it, instead of populating the username and password it tells me I need to upgrade to 7 and it does not work.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @genec123

I'm sorry to hear about the trouble. As this doesn't appear to relate to 1Password membership I've moved it over from our memberships category to our Mac category. Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the 1Password extension in your web browser? You can find the extension on our downloads page:

https://1password.com/downloads/

Please be sure to select the option under 1Password extension and not 1Password X, as 1Password X requires a 1Password membership. I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Ben

• genec123
    genec123
    Community Member

I have tried that several times. Each time it asks for for my secret key.

• genec123
    genec123
    Community Member

Since I do NOT have a secret key I guess I need to move off of 1Password?

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@genec123 - you will only have a Secret Key if you have created a 1password.com account. Have you done that, perhaps in conjunction with upgrading to 1Password 7 for Mac? If not, then you won't have (and don't need) a Secret Key to use 1Password. Can you tell me what browser you're seeing this in, and what version of both browser and 1Password extension you have? Thanks.

• genec123
    genec123
    Community Member

I removed then reinstalled the Safari extension for my Mac running Majove. Things work again. Thanks to you and your colleagues. Agilebits has good people.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for the kind words, @genec123. Glad to hear you got it sorted. :)

This discussion has been closed.