Issue with open and fill from bookmark

stevelucky
stevelucky
Community Member

There's a couple big issues with the currrent implementation of opening and fill from a saved bookmark (not sure of a better way to call that). In the past I've always had my favorites saved so that I could click on them and it would go to the page and automatically fill in the credentials and submit the page without me having to actually click the 1P extension and login with that. I was able to drag the login from 1P into my bookmarks and from then on, clicking on the book mark would do just as I described. Well, the implementation is totally different now. In the past the link would have looked something like "http://www.URL-HERE.com&1password=79658765876548654865" or something like that. This worked great because when my bookmarks synced to my mobile devices, the bookmarks still worked, albeit they wouldn't fill in the login info, but they would still open up the correct page. Now, the link that 1P creates looks something like, "onepassword7://open_and_fill/STRING_OF_NUMBERS/STRING_OF_NUMBERS/STRING_OF_NUMBERS". I'm not sure why this is how it works now, but it creates a couple of issues. 1) No matter what browser I'm using, when I click on the book mark it ALWAYS opens in my default browser, even if I'm using something else at the moment and 2) my bookmarks no longer work on my mobile devices. I sync my bookmarks from my Mac to my mobile devices but now it's kind of killing them for me. This is really killing the usability for me.

1Password Version: 7.1.2
Extension Version: 4.7.3.90
OS Version: OS X 10.13.6
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

I'm sorry for the inconvenience, but in order for 1Password to be able to Open & Fill going forward we needed to make some changes and use the system APIs for URL handling. That's why you're encountering this, and also why the default browser is used; 1Password just sends the URL to the OS and it opens it in the default browser based on your settings. If you want to use a different browser, you can change that in System Preferences though.

This discussion has been closed.