I am a long time user of 1Password on my Mac and iPhone and iPad. I am using 1Password6.

jlfaier
jlfaier
Community Member

I have downloaded 1Password7 but have decided I don't want to upgrade to 7 at this time. I want to continue using 1Password6. I re-opened Version 6 and it works fine EXCEPT that Safari has the icon for 1PW7 mini rather than 1PW6 mini. I can't figure out how to revert to being able to access 1PW6 mini on my browser. Please help.

1Password Version: 6.8.9
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.13.6
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:remove 1password7 mini and revert to 1password6 mini

Comments

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator

You had actually used 1PW7 before deciding? If so, you may have quit it without quitting 1PW7 Mini (as cmd-Q keeps the mini running). Try (I am not quite sure what happens if you have deleted 7 but still have 7 Mini) opening the mini, clicking on the gearwheel, and choosing Quit Completely. And then don't forget to trash 1PW7 and empty the trash, so you don't have any bit of 7 left. Just possibly you might have to reinstall 7 and then quit it completely by ctrl-option-cmd-Q, and then trash it.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@jlfaier - in order to revert to 1Password 6 for Mac, you'll need to:

1. Quit 1Password 7 Completely by typing ^⌥⌘Q (or just holding down the Control and Option keys as you choose Quit from the 1Password menu). Just choosing ⌘Q or File > Quit won't do it.
    2. Dragging 1Password 7 for Mac to the trash. This will uninstall the Safari extension as well.
    3. Unzipping and re-opening 1Password 6 for Mac and
    4. Checking Safari Preferences > Extensions to make sure the new extension (7.x) is NOT installed and the previous version (4.7.3.90, which worked with 1Password 6 for Mac) IS installed and active. If not, visit the Safari Extensions Gallery to install it.

Let us know how that works for you.

This discussion has been closed.