What kind of subscription account do I presently have?

FredV
FredV
Community Member

In previous years, I had a standalone 1Password account that only I used. My wife does not use 1Password on her iPhone or iPad, and she does not have a computer.

This year I signed up for a version 7 subscription account. I discovered I now have both a Primary vault and an icloud vault. Does this mean I have signed up for a family membership? If yes, how do I change my membership to a 1 user account?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• FredV
    FredV
    Community Member

I have two mac computers and an iPhone and iPad

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator

You should be able to find the information from the 1PW menu. Account > Manage Subscription.

I am not quite sure what you mean by a Primary vault and an iCloud vault. The Primary vault is the old-style vault, outside 1password.com. You would have arranged to sync that yourself, through Dropbox, iCloud, or locally. The vaults associated with the subscription sync through 1password.com, and the basic vault is named Personal.

It is possible that you previously had two vaults in your standalone account. In that case they would both be carried over to your sub as local vaults, and one would have been amed Primary,

• FredV
    FredV
    Community Member

Thank you. I do have the individual plan.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@FredV - I'm sorry for the confusion. If you have a Primary (iCloud) vault and a Personal vault, that doesn't mean you have a 1Password Families account, it just means you signed up for an individual account and you never removed your older standalone vault. Everything OK at this point? You should probably remove your older iCloud (Primary) vault at this point, if you're using the 1password.com vault as well -- there's just no reason to have both, since you can create as many vaults for yourself as you like within your 1password.com account. Let us know if you need assistance with that.

• FredV
    FredV
    Community Member

Got it. Thanks.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

:) :+1:

This discussion has been closed.