Open & fill not working

mkusk
mkusk
Community Member
edited October 2018 in Mac

Hi,

I have updated my 1password to the new mojave/7 version. After that the "open & fill" function hasn't been working in the mini-app. When click the button, it simply opens a new tab with the webpage but the fill function is not tricked.

Also the fill function when i'm already on login formular page is also not working.

1Password 7
Version 7.2.1 (70201002)
AgileBits butik

With regards

Morten Kusk

1Password Version:7.2.1 (70201002)
_Extension Version:
Not Provided
OS Version: mojave 10.14
_Sync Type:
Not Provided

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Welcome to the forum, @mkusk! There's a few reasons why auto-fill would not be working in 1Password 7 for Mac:

1. For the first time ever in 1Password 7 for Mac, we're a fully-sandboxed app. This should bring a number of benefits, but it does mean that both 1Password and the browser(s) you use in in must be located in your main /Applications folder. If that's not the case, filling won't work.
    2. 1Password 7 for Mac is a new purchase for all users (unless you bought the previous version since March 27 of this year). If you don't have a 1password.com membership and you haven't purchased a new standalone license to use 1Password 7 for Mac, you'll see a "Read Only" badge on any of your items in detail view. Click that and you'll get instructions on either subscribing or purchasing a license.
    3. The 1Password extension in Safari's Preferences > Extensions is not enabled.

Could any of those be possible?

• claywise
    claywise
    Community Member

I killed my Mac Airbook last week, got a new one today. I used the migration assistant to move all my data onto the new machine, but now 1Password is not filling and opening as it did on my previous Airbook. If I move the Chrome app into the Applications file, will that help?

• claywise
    claywise
    Community Member

Didn't help. Why isn't it filling and opening any more?

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@claywise - yep. That's definitely one thing that can prevent 1Password 7 for Mac from working. In 1Password 7 for Mac, we are fully sandboxed, meaning you must have both 1Password and your browser(s) in the main /Applications folder. Give that a try and let us know what you discover. :)

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@claywise - did you try restarting your Mac after moving?

• claywise
    claywise
    Community Member

OK. I located Chrome, dragged it into the Applications folder, then restarted. Chrome and 1PW are both in the Applications folder, but still not opening and filling. Suggestions?

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@claywise - do you have a license for 1Password 7 for Mac (not a previous version), or a 1password.com membership? If so, then please check in chrome://extensions to make sure the 1Password extension is enabled. If you don't see it there, you can visit our downloads page and grab a copy of the extension. If it IS there, and enabled, please delete it and re-install a fresh copy.

• claywise
    claywise
    Community Member

OK, looks like I did not have the extension enabled. Did that, now it's working. Thank you.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@claywise - great! Glad to hear you're back up and running. :)

This discussion has been closed.