I am attempting to secure my emergency kit.

hkearns
hkearns
Community Member

I receive this message: Cannot sign in. Your email address, Secret Key, or Master Password is incorrect.
If you were invited to 1Password by someone else, they can recover your account.

I believe my data is accurate, and I am a single user of 1Password.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Cannot sign in. Your email address, Secret Key, or Master Password is incorrect. If you were invited to 1Password by someone else, they can recover your account.

Comments

• hkearns
    hkearns
    Community Member

Version 7.2.1
    Mac OS 10.14
    Sync: iCloud

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Welcome to the forum, @hkearns! I'm sorry for the trouble. If your sync type is iCloud, then you're not using a 1password.com account, so that would definitely explain why you can't sign in. Can you tell me a little more about your setup? Did you recently create a 1password.com account? If so, signing in on a new device will require:

1. the email address you used to register for the account
    2. your Secret Key that you were issued when you signed up -- this will be a multi-character string that looks a lot like an old-style serial number or license key. It begins with A3-.
    3. your Master Password -- this is the Master Password you chose when you initially created the account, which might be the same as you've used previously in 1Password -- but doesn't have to be the same.

Make sure you're at the right sign-in address ( https://my.1password.com for an individual account) also, then double-check you're using the proper credentials. If you still can't sign in, let me know.

This discussion has been closed.