Changing passwords

FredV
FredV
Community Member

I found it it difficult to change my password with 1Password for websites that either:
1. Do not ask for the new password to be re-entered (example: www.harry's.com) or
2. Do not ask for you to enter your userid (example https:/www.att.com/my/#login)

Any suggestions on how I could have completed this task quicker? I resorted to creating a temporary text edit page to create a temporary record of the new data.

1Password Version: version 7.2.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Sierra
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• FredV
    FredV
    Community Member

I did find a topic on how to manually save a new Login when 1Password does not detect it, but not on how to manually change an existing password when you are not asked to enter the new password twice or enter the user id once. Perhaps similar steps will work.

• FredV
    FredV
    Community Member

Yes, all I had to do after generating a new password was to copy new password to clipboard and then choose edit password and paste new password. Problem resolved.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@FredV - glad to hear you worked this out on your own, and apologies for the delay in our response times. Let us know if there's anything else you need assistance with. :)

• Lynn
    Lynn
    Community Member

Yes but this is not as easy as it was in version 6 where you could generate the replacement password, click the fill (or the drop down menu with choices) button which filled the new password into both fields and you were then were prompted to update existing or create new. Now you have to click the Edit button before you have access to password generation. clicking fill doesn’t always fill in the fields on the web page where you are updating your passwords. This is not as seamless as before. IMHO

• Lynn
    Lynn
    Community Member

Whoops . Guess I just missed seeing the generate password link in the sidebar. I don’t remember seeing it there in version 6. Im getting old and grumpy I guess.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@Lynn - heh. You and me both. :) No worries; there is indeed a link to generate passwords right in the sidebar. Glad you found it.

• Lynn
    Lynn
    Community Member

But sometimes I can’t see it when I have chosen to edit an existing password. I’ll keep looking. I've just upgraded to 7 so I’ll keep you posted.
    Thanks for the prompt response

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@Lynn :) :+1:

This discussion has been closed.