Lockouts After 10 Minutes of Inactivity

How do I prevent logging out after 10 min. of inactivity, even tho' I've deleted automatic lockouts?

1Password Version: 1.11.0
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 7, 64-bit
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:How do I prevent logging out after 10 min. of inactivity, even tho' I've deleted automatic lockouts?

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Greetings @Maury,

Just so I'm definitely following, under 1Password X's settings you have Automatically lock 1Password disabled and the other two security options (lock after system idle and lock when device goes to sleep) are hidden but you're still seeing 1Password X lock after 10 idle minutes. Is that all accurate?

• Maury
    Maury
    Community Member

Thank you for your response. On launching 1Password, under Settings, I did indeed disable automatic lock and lock when asleep. I also recall, before disabling those, asking the system to automatically lock at 999 minutes--the allowable max. But that still resulted in locking after 10 minutes of inactivity. That's why I disabled the two processes. Frankly, as a new user flailing around a little, I can't seem to find my way back to the page that allows access to Settings.

Meanwhile, since posting my question, I found under My Profile, the ability to extend the Inactivity lockout to a max of 300 minutes. In the best of all worlds, I'd leave that as is (300 minutes) and re-institute Automatic Lockout at 999 min.

Many thanks.

• Maury
    Maury
    Community Member

Update: I found my way to Settings, re-established automatic lock at 999 minutes, left inactivity lockout at 300 minutes, left the disable of sleep lockout in place and now will see what happens. So, you needn't help me more at this point. Thanks very much for your help.

• Great! I'm glad you found what you needed, @Maury.

It sounds like you originally configured 1Password for Windows autolock settings instead of 1Password X's. At the moment these are two separate sets of settings and I admit it can be quite confusing. We're looking at ways of unifying these in a future update.

++dave;

• Maury
    Maury
    Community Member

Thanks. I'm now about to launch a1Password trial on my iPad and iPhone. Breath is held, as I do not know if/how 1Password X via Chrome (Windows, laptop) will synch with Safari on the Apple products. If I can make this work fluidly, free trial will end and I will purchase.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Maury,

As long as all of your data is stored in your 1Password account then it should be seamless to integrate your use of 1Password X on a Windows laptop with any of your Apple devices.

For any iOS device you would install 1Password for iOS and sign into your existing account. All of your vaults and data will become available. From there you would want to enable iOS 12's AutoFill and that way you can use your 1Password data in iOS Safari. Our support page Use 1Password to fill and save on your iPhone and iPad will possibly be quite a handy resource on how filling works and how to enable it.

If you have any trouble do let us know but part of the motivation behind the accounts was to make data availability on your devices just work with no faffing about so my hope is this is what you find after installing 1Password for iOS.

• Maury
    Maury
    Community Member

Thanks for your assistance. Comfortable, now, with 1Password X using Chrome, on laptop. Have installed 1Password on iPad, using Safari. Two issues:

1. 1Password asks me to log in each and every time I want it to auto-fill (yes, I have arranged for auto-fill) despite the fact that I haven't closed my browser. Is it supposed to act that way in iOS?
    2. Changes I have made in my vault, produced with 1Password X in Chrome, do not seem to be adopted in the vault I access using 1Password in Safari. I do remember at one point seeing an opportunity to set for synching but can't find it now. Thoughts?

Thanks!

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Greetings @Maury,

The frequency that 1Password prompts will be dependent on the lock settings in 1Password for iOS and whether you have set up quick unlock via either Touch/Face ID or a PIN. Our support page How to set 1Password to lock automatically (iOS) will be a good starting point and it also contains links at the bottom for setting up Touch/Face ID.

When we first added support for iOS 12's AutoFill the developers gave us an FYI that for some reason AutoFill would prompt for the Master Password a few times but then it settled down. I don't know if they've made any progress as to why that happens and if there is something we can tweak to improve on this.

There aren't any syncing options with 1Password accounts, once you sign into a 1Password account you've performed all the setup that should be required. If you're seeing things not updating promptly can you try something for me please. Open 1Password for iOS if you've so far only been using iOS 12's AutoFill interface. We do try to sync where possible and I would need to ask the developers for confirmation but we may not have the opportunity to sync if you only interact with the iOS 12 AutoFill interface. Do you find everything appears correct after this or are you still experiencing a difference between what the web interface says is stored and what 1Password for iOS reports?

• Maury
    Maury
    Community Member

Thanks for the reply. I haven't been only using the Auto-fill on iOS which, I am assuming you mean, just going to a URL and asking 1Password to auto-fill---and never, by contrast, signing in to 1Password first. I'll admit that I have not reviewed the issue I questioned you folks about thoroughly since first posing my question and I need to do that. I've mainly been on my pc, using 1Password X. That said, it appears to me that 1Password on iOS is tracking X. Will get back to you if I find that it is not. Thanks.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Maury,

If through your further monitoring you do see anything that doesn't seem right please let us know and we'll see if we can figure out what is going on :smile:

This discussion has been closed.