Version 7 problems...

jglongisland
jglongisland
Community Member

I updated to version 7 and have two problems:

1) The safari plug-in does not work. It's in the menu bar but when I click it the app flashes for a second and that's it. I emailed support a few times and have not received a response.
2) I tried to sign up for the subscription plan, but can't find my secret key. When I tried to register it said my email address was already used, but I don't have a login to the store (although I was able to create one for this forum).

I'm using Safari 12 on 10.13.6.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator
    1. Apple made changes in Safari 12. Because people have not necessarily upgraded Safari yet (whereas users on Mojave have their Safari upgraded to 12) AgileBits have not yet pushed the latest 1PW to all users.

There are a couple of solutions. uninstall the current extension and reinstall from https://safari-extensions.apple.com/details/?id=com.agilebits.onepassword4-safari-2BUA8C4S2C (same extension, but Apple is disabling extensions not from their own Extensions Gallery, and even the Extensions Gallery will go away soon). Or manually upgrade to 1PW 7.2.1 and make sure the 1PW 7.2.1 extension is active (see Safari > Preferences > Extensions).

1. AgileBits staff will help you delete the old account (you probably tried it ages ago) and set up a sub.
  • jglongisland
    jglongisland
    Community Member

I have 7.2.1. How can I fix the account? no one gets back to me. What's weird is that I was able to login to the website from my work computer, but my laptop won't let me in without a secret key. My vault is no longer syncing between computers, which is another problem.

• jglongisland
    jglongisland
    Community Member

When I go to the page on my laptop which has 7.2.1 it won't show me the icon for 1 password extension but its already installed.

• Eingang
    Eingang
    Community Member
    edited October 2018

@jglongisland Not having the secret key to sign in initially happened to me today when I signed up from within the application and then went to generate my Emergency Kit as per my notice that I was good to go. Here's how I solved it: In your 1Password application, open your Preferences and then go to Accounts. You can copy your secret key from there.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Welcome to the forum, @jglongisland! I'm sorry for the difficulties as well as the delay in our response. We've been experiencing a surge of support requests lately, so we're not at our usual quick response times. I see you've already posed this same question to our email support team as well, so a word about that: we handle support requests in the order they're received. Our system keeps track of this by whatever the time-stamp is on the most-recent message. So if you email in, and then send multiple follow-ups, each time you do so, you're effectively pushing yourself to the back of the line again. That may be part of the reason you haven't gotten a reply just yet. I'm here now, but in the future when you contact us, for quicker response, please let us answer you once before you continue to add to your original question/issue.

I've replied to you via email, let's keep the conversation going that way, since it's likely to involve some discussion of your particular setup which should not be in this public forum. Thanks! :)

ref: CGU-58353-633

This discussion has been closed.