Will Fingerprint Unlock or Face ID work for authentication in 1Password for Huawei Mate 20 Pro?

toni1000
toni1000
Community Member

I am interested in this, as the fingerprint data and face id data might be differently implemented in Huawei phones. Does anyone know more about this? Thanks

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @toni1000. Thanks for reaching out! We do indeed have support for Fingerprint Unlock on Android, though Face ID is only supported on iOS at the moment. Keep in mind that we use Google's fingerprint framework for Fingerprint Unlock, so your device will need to support this for it to work. That said, I have heard from customers with Huawei devices who are able to use Fingerprint Unlock successfully.

Let us know if you have any other questions!

• toni1000
    toni1000
    Community Member

Thanks for the reply. I was thinking maybe this new fingerprint sensor under the screen might behave differently than on other android devices.

• No problem, @toni1000! Whether the sensor is on the front or back of the device won't matter. :)

• d1ffuse
    d1ffuse
    Community Member

Hey guys, sorry to report that 1Password's fingerprint unlock on Huawei Mate 20 pro is highly unreliable. It's worked one time in more tha 20 tries for me. Not sure why this is happening. The fingerprint unlock on the phone itself is proving more reliable. It's just when I try to get into 1Password that it almost always fails.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

What is the error you're getting? 1Password is just asking the device to authenticate you, so I'm not sure what might be going wrong there. But perhaps it could offer a clue.

This discussion has been closed.