Chrome Extension for Mac - Focus Issue

plevetsky
plevetsky
Community Member

When choosing an item from the 1Password Chrome extension dropdown, the Chrome menu items behind the 1Password menu items are also focused. When you click, you get the action from both the 1Password menu item and also the Chrome menu item (whatever happens to appear behind the 1Password item you choose. If you look in the attached image as an example, selecting 'Favourites' from the 1Password menu would also result in opening a new tab in Chrome (command + N). This makes the extension almost unusable at the moment. The issue only started happening within the last month or so.

1Password Version: 6.8.9
Extension Version: 4.7.3.90
OS Version: macOS 10.13.6
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Welcome to the forum, @plevetsky! I'm sorry for the inconvenience. You didn't say what version of Chrome you're using, so I'll have to guess it's latest stable channel (70.0.3538.67)? If not, please update Chrome to the most-recent version. I do see you're using the current version of our browser extension, which is good.

Unfortunately, version 6.8.9 is a legacy version of 1Password and thus no longer receiving development attention, which means minor usability fixes such as this almost certainly won't be made. I use Chrome as my primary browser all day with the new 1Password 7 for Mac and its entirely redesigned mini and extension, and notice no such problem in my setup. This may sound like an obvious idea and you may have already tried it, but have you restarted your Mac recently? If not, can you try that and see if it makes any difference?

This discussion has been closed.