My autofill doesn't work as intented...

Olimoli
Olimoli
Community Member

Hi there! When I try to perform a login autofill in safari by pressing cmd + #, 1Password mini opens up but no autofill is performed. The same shortcut used to work fine but recently it hasn't worked anymore.... Do you have any ideas to help me?
I'm using version 7.1.2 on a MBP running on High Sierra 10.13.6.
Thx in advance and greetings from Germany

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:autofill

Comments

• Olimoli
    Olimoli
    Community Member

I forgot to say: when I press cmd+# the 1Password Mini App opens, but like I said, no autofill...

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator

It's got to be worth checking the Keyboard Shortcuts in Preferences > General. Also checking keyboard language in System Preferences. Of course, you may have done this already, and it may not help, but at least worth trying.

• Olimoli
    Olimoli
    Community Member

Just tried it, but everything seems to be set up correctly :(

• Olimoli
    Olimoli
    Community Member

Still no autofill... but thanks anyway!

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Welcome to the forum, @Olimoli! I'm sorry for the trouble. If you have more than a single Login item for a given website, you will get a selection in the mini from which to choose, because 1Password doesn't know which item you'd like to fill. However, if you have only one, you should still get auto-fill. Has anything changed in your setup recently? Updates to your browser, macOS or 1Password? Anything else you might have changed? If not, please try restarting your Mac, and then seeing if the problem persists. Let me know what you discover.

• Olimoli
    Olimoli
    Community Member

Hi Lars, thx so far. I‘ll try that and get back to you later.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@Olimoli - sounds good. :) :+1:

• Olimoli
    Olimoli
    Community Member

Hi again! I tried everything you suggested, but still no success... I tried to login on different websites. Before I checked if the URL is saved correctly in 1P. When I use the auto-fill shortcut not only the auto-fill doesn't happen - the 1P Mini not even suggests any logins so that I have to search manually for the right login data. So, the only way it works for me at moment is by simple copy-paste which isn't so comfortable to be honest...

• Olimoli
    Olimoli
    Community Member

And I'm always using the latest version of Mac OS (just updated to 10.14 Mojave) and of 1P as well...

• chestermarty
    chestermarty
    Community Member

I'm having the same problem. Not using the shortcut but have to copy and paste on passwords. I also updated to the latest Mac OS 10.14. :|

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@Olimoli - I was certain I'd asked you this, but apparently I haven't yet: have you paid for 1Password 7? As a completely new, full-version upgrade, 1Password 7 is a new purchase for everyone unless you happened to purchase the previous version (1Password 6) from us since March 27 of this year. If not, then you'll need either a 1password.com membership or the purchase of a new standalone license. You'll also be able to see a "Read Only" badge on all your items in the detail view, and you won't be able to add or edit your data...or use the auto-fill capabilities of the extension. Might this be your issue as well, @chestermarty?

• chestermarty
    chestermarty
    Community Member

Are you telling me my 1Password 6 won't work properly unless I purchase 1Password 7?

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator

@chestermarty Lars was replying to Olimoli who was already using 1PW7, so his comments just aren't relevant to you.

If you have a licence for 1PW6 you can currently stick with it, you certainly don't need to pay for 1PW7. Mind you, there's no guarantee how long 1PW6 will continue working, a change by Apple could prevent it working.

I can't say what's wrong with your current setup, but Lars or some other staff member will be in touch in due course.

• Olimoli
    Olimoli
    Community Member

I have a subscription (1Password.eu) and I‘m using the latest version. And everything works perfectly, only the auto-fill doesn‘t work.

• Olimoli
    Olimoli
    Community Member

I just noticed that the 1Password add-on wasn't checked in the Safari settings... Just checked it and now auto-fill works just fine :-)
    So, problem solved!

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@Olimoli - excellent! Glad it was just enabling 1Password extension in Safari. Let us know if you need anything else. :)

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@chestermarty - no. 1Password 6 for Mac will continue to work as it always has, and if you have a license for it, that will continue to work as well. You just aren't able to use 1Password 7 for Mac with a previous version 6 license. Hope that's clear, but let us know if not. :)

This discussion has been closed.