I want to revert to 1 password 6. Since I downloaded 1PW7 it will not allow me to do so.

photog
photog
Community Member

I want to delete1PW7 and use my 1PW6. I cannot delete 1PW7 and it is apparently stopping my use of my 1PW6 tool bar icon
I have tried the methods of deleting 1PW7 but I get a message that says The item “1Password 7.app” can’t be moved to the Trash because some of its extensions are in use.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:i want to revert to 1password 6. I cannot do that. Please advise.

Comments

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator

And you can't trash it even using ctrl-option-cmd-Q (from an open 1PW)? That should certainly work. Does it not?

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@photog - you will need to quit all running browsers and also Quit 1Password 7 Completely by typing ^⌥⌘Q (or just holding down the Control and Option keys as you choose Quit from the 1Password menu). Then you should be able to drag the 1Password 7 for Mac application to the trash and empty the trash. After that, you should be able to use 1Password 6 for Mac as you have in the past (though you may need to re-install our older-style Safari extension from the Safari Extensions Gallery, as version 7 uses a different format of extension in Safari 12. Hope that helps! :)

This discussion has been closed.