How can I transfer all 1Password data from my iPhone to my iMac? (I lost it on my iMac.)

lls0735
lls0735
Community Member

I lost my 1Password program and data on my iMac due to a power outage. I have all the needed data on my iPhone, version 7.2.1. I have signed up for a membership. How do I get my iPhone 1Password data transferred to my iMac, which also has version 7.2.1 of 1Password installed (empty of data)?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:How can I transfer everything from my iPhone 1Pssword account to my iMac? (I lost my iMac data.)

Comments

• lls0735
    lls0735
    Community Member

Concerning the above question: The OS version is Mac OS High Sierra Version 10.13.5. I don't know what Sync type is.

• lls0735
    lls0735
    Community Member

Also concerning the above question and comment,the 1Password version on both my iPhone and iMac is 7.2.1.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Welcome to the forum, @lls0735! Yikes! I'm so sorry to hear about the power failure. 😬

So, this shouldn't be difficult to restore, even if you lost everything on your Mac, provided you have an up-to-date copy of your data on your iOS device. But to get set up, we'll need to know how you're syncing your data. Can you please open Settings > Vaults on your iOS device and let me know what you see there? How many vaults, and the name(s) of each one? Thanks.

• lls0735
    lls0735
    Community Member

I have 3: on my iPhone I have personal and primary, both empty, I believe, and on iCloud I have Primary, which has 349 items with some duplicates that I would like to get rid of, but don’t know how.

• lls0735
    lls0735
    Community Member

All vaults is the default for opening.

• lls0735
    lls0735
    Community Member

Lars... lls0735 here, did you receive the info I sent that you needed?

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@lls0735 - sorry for the delay in my response. If you have both a Personal and a Primary vault, that means you've created a 1password.com account at some point, but you also have local (standalone) data. The Primary vault is your standalone vault, and if you're using a 1password.com account, it's not necessary.

Here are instructions to move your items from your Primary vault into your 1password.com account vault(s). Make sure you move (instead of copy) the items. Once Primary is empty, you can remove it by tapping Settings > Vaults > Primary. Then tap Delete Vault. Voila, all your data in your 1password.com account.

On your Mac, the only thing you'd need to do is click Help > Troubleshooting > Reset all 1Password data, which will make it as if you're a new user again. When you re-launch 1Password, sign in with your account credentials, and you'll have the same data, everywhere. :)

This discussion has been closed.