One Family member seems to be only partially sharing our Vaults

awb3
awb3
Community Member

We are a family of 4 using Family Sharing. I invited the other 3 members and created a Private Vault for each before they joined so that they would have ready made Vaults to start using straight away. Two of them successfully joined as expected, the third seems to have done something that has resulted in joining the Family, but she has only inherited our Shared Vault. None of the other vaults show up as they do on all of our devices. I cannot seem to find a way to fix it for her so she has created her own Private Vault which she is using fine. The Shared vault is syncing perfectly with ours but curiously, she seems to have been able to define a different Master Password from that which is shared by the rest of us. She has the same problem on her laptop and her iPhone.

Do you have an idea of what has gone wrong and how I can deal with it for her?

Andrew Bruce

1Password Version: 7.1.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.11 (I think)
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@awb3: Nothing is wrong. That's expected. The default "Shared" vault is an "everyone" vault, which literally everyone in the family has access to by default. Additional "user" vaults you create are not automatically shared with everyone. Quite the contrary: only those you explicitly grant access will see it. That's intentional, otherwise any time you created a vault, even one you wanted to share with no one, everyone would automatically get access to it. But you can easily grant permission to anyone in the family to access other vaults you create:

Create and share vaults

The only vaults which can never be shared are each person's Personal/Private vault. And each person gets to choose their own Master Password for their account. I hope that helps clarify. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

This discussion has been closed.