Installed macOS Mojave v10.14. now can't log on to web site automatically.

jmssrg10134
jmssrg10134
Community Member

This morning I upgraded my macOS to Mojave version 10.14. When I tried to log on to a web site using 1Password I got a pop up window asking me if I wanted to allow something and I can't remember what that "something" was, but it didn't look like I wanted or needed it so I denied it. Next I got the following in a pop up window Quote The operation couldn’t be completed./Users/jim/Library/Application Scripts/2BUA8C4S2C.com.agilebits.onepassword-osx-helper/Pssword_Autosubmit.scpt:36:52: execution error: Not authorized to send apple events to System Events. (-1743) Unquote. The last sentence suggests what the problem is, but, if it is, I don't know how to allow the action. Can you please help? Thanks

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:How do I authorize the sending of apple events to system events?

Comments

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator

Apple introduced some changes in Mojave and Safari 12. These mean that the autosubmit script can no longer be used. I am not quite sure where it can be turned off, though, try looking through Preferences.

You will just have to get used to pressing Return after submitting the username and password. It will take time to for muscle memory to kick in, but it isn't much of an extra effort.

And make sure that your 1PW is on 7.2.1 since you are using Mojave, and that the extension is enabled.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@jmssrg10134 - I'm sorry for the trouble! Can I ask: what specific version of 1Password were you running prior to upgrading to Mojave, and what are you running now?

This discussion has been closed.