Touch ID not working with 1P

mmmark
mmmark
Community Member

I needed to change my MBP password. After that, I kept getting pop-ups for keychain requests. I contacted Apple Support for assistance. All they did was have me create a new keychain. They didn't inform me of any complications from this. It turns out, it removed the fingerprints. I have recreated them.

Since then, I have not been able to use Touch ID with 1Password. It is checked on in 1P preferences.

1Password Version: 7.2.1
Extension Version: 7.2.1
OS Version: OS X 10.14
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator

Have you tried telling 1PW to stop using Touch ID and then telling it to start using Touch ID again?

With a new keychain, I would guess that the bit that allows 1PW to use Touch ID was only in the old one and needs to be recreated.

• mmmark
    mmmark
    Community Member

I had to contact Apple Support, again, because my Mail is not working (still broken). They had me remove my Keychain, again! I've done the turn off in 1P, rebooted, turn on TouchID in 1P, rebooted. It is now asking for Touch ID again. Thanks

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@mmmark - sorry for the delay in our reply -- @danco is correct; when you reset your keychain, that will break the Touch ID authorization in 1Password. Glad to hear his advice got you back up and running. :)

This discussion has been closed.