No Sync Button On Mac

thomamon23
thomamon23
Community Member

I can not get 1Password to sync between my Mac and my iPhone. The sync button is missing from the App on my computer. My phone has about 15 more entries then both of my Macs do.

I am beyond frustrated and have reached out to support twice and they have never gotten back to me.

If I can't get this going, I am going to cancel my subscription.

1Password Version: 7.2.1
Extension Version: 7.2.1
OS Version: 10.14
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• thightower
    thightower
    Community Member
    edited October 2018

@thomamon23

You mention sync type iCloud, but yet you also mention subscription. So, do you have a 1Password.com account ? or are you syncing via iCloud ? They are 2 vastly different sync mechanisms.

1Password.com accounts aka 1Password servers, would sync each time the app is locked. I personally wait a min or so and then unlock it to check for changes. Thats one way to trigger the change.
    It has been some time (2 years +/-, I think) since I saw a detailed discussion on the subject. I know, from other forum topics that improvement's were being made in regard to sync logic etc, and its possible it has since changed. I am a creature of old habits. so I stick with things I know. :)

iCloud sync is handled by CloudKit aka Apple servers and often it can take a bit of time for changes to sync properly. AFAIK there is not a way to force a sync on iCloud data. The staff may have more ideas.

One thing to make sure of is for 1Password.com accounts that you are signed into the same account in both places, and for iCloud accounts, that you are using the same Apple ID in both places.

You have reached out to support, cool. Then the support email system should have sent you a support reference number via auto responder, you should check a junk or spam folder, as it often times goes to them.

If you locate the support ID number please post it back here so the staff can connect the dots and help prevent duplication of efforts.

Hopefully my post can help some while you wait on the staff. Just FYI, support requests are handled in the order received, also I have seen it advised to not send multiple emails as sometimes, it can mess up you place in the support queue. It's often best to send one and simply wait.

Edit: Theres is not a manual sync button hence my comment above about locking the app.

• thomamon23
    thomamon23
    Community Member

On the website when showing you how to sync in iCloud, there is a sync tab in the menu.

I got a subscription to 1Password through the App Store. I am so confused, not sure why they made this so hard when I never had a problem with the old version.

I have received no e-mails back from them anywhere.

I am signed into the same account everywhere, I used the barcode on the screen to set it up on my phone.

[#ILK-15326-777]

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@thomamon - hi there, sorry for the delay in our reply. We answer support requests in the order we receive them, so there will usually be a slight delay. Lately, we've been inundated with support requests, so we're not at our usual quick response times. However, I see that my colleague Peri was able get you squared away, so let us know if you need anything else, and thanks for being a 1Password user. :)

This discussion has been closed.