1Password 7 Version 7.1.2 (70102000) AgileBits Store won't auto update

Absolute
Absolute
Community Member

Hi, Just noticed there is a new Version 7.2.1 of 1Password, but my version 7.1.2 keeps saying it's the latest version and no updates are needed!
I get 'You are up to date' 'Thank you for running the latest version of 1Password!'

Obviously I can download the latest version direct from 1Password, but that defeats setting the preference to 'Automatically check for updates'

Thanks
Mike

1Password Version: Version 7.1.2
Extension Version: 4.7.3
OS Version: OS X 10.13.6
Sync Type: Subscription
Referrer: forum-search:1Password 7 no update

Comments

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator

This is a short-term issue, a deliberate choice by AgileBits. There are significant changes in Safari 12, which have required changes in 1PW 7.2.1. As Safari 12 is included as part of Mac OS Mojave, but currently optional for Mac OS High Sierra, AgileBits decided to release 7.2.1 immediately for users of Mojave but delay the release for others. There's no harm in getting 7.2.1 manually (I did it myself) and it will be officially released later.

It is a touch confusing, I agree.

• As long as you're running Safari 12 it is okay to update beyond 7.2.1. If you're running an earlier version of Safari, and you actually use Safari (not everyone does)... updating beyond 7.2.1 is going to cause heartache / headache. So we're hoping that by rolling the update out in stages that it'll give folks ample opportunity to update Safari. As danco mentioned if you want the update now you can certainly install it. Frankly though if you'd like to keep up to date I'd highly recommend keeping your OS up to date as well. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.