zenona

zenona
zenona
Community Member

Hi,

I'm trying to figure out this one. I have recently upgraded to 1Password 7, but there's some weird behaviour going on in Chrome I can't figure out.

I have all 1Password shortcuts set by default and in Chrome. When I am in an empty tab, cmd+\ does work. When I go to any other url, cmd+\ stops working BUT cmd+opt+\ works.

Have you seen this before? I'd appreciate the help. Thanks,
Jordi

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Welcome to the forum, @zenona! That behavior makes sense to me, because cmd+opt+backslash is the command simply to show the mini (extension). It will always work, in other words. If you've recently upgraded to 1Password 7 for Mac, there may be a few reasons. First would be: 1Password 7 has not been paid for. As a completely new version, 1Password 7 requires a new purchase from all users unless you purchased a license for the previous version more recently than March 27 of this year. For everyone else, either a 1password.com membership or a new license that works with version 7 is needed. You'll see if this is the cause because all your items will have a "Read Only" badge on them. Another reason might be that as of version 7, 1Password is fully-sandboxed, which means that you need to locate both 1Password AND all your browsers in the main /Applications folder on your Mac. If any of those is NOT there already, close all browsers and Quit 1Password 7 Completely by typing ^⌥⌘Q (or just holding down the Control and Option keys as you choose Quit from the 1Password menu), move everything over, restart your Mac, and try again. You may also want to check in chrome://extensions to make sure the 1Password extension is up to date (4.7.3.90 is current), and is enabled. Hope that helps! :)

This discussion has been closed.