1 Password damaged and I don't have an account to login

hammersheels
hammersheels
Community Member

I updated to High Sierra 10.13.6 this morning and my chrome extension stopped working. I tried to open the 1password app and it showed this error

I managed to be able to get the extension for chrome working again but now I am freaking out about saving my current keychain and getting the app to work again. I don't want to delete the app and lose everything. Help!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• hammersheels
    hammersheels
    Community Member

1Password Version: version 6.7
    Extension Version: 4.7.3.90
    OS Version: Sierra
    Sync Type: I am not sure what this means

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator
    edited October 2018

Maybe there is an issue with 1PW. But I am wondering if you get the same message with other applications. from the App Store.

I ran into this once, and it caused me a lot of grief until I found an answer b y searching the internet.

I am away from home at present, but as far as I can recall the following was the solution.

Go to /var/folders and you will see a bunch of folders with two-letter names. DO NOT delete the folder named zz but delete all the other folders with a two-letter name. Then empty the trash and restart the computer.

If I were you, I would only try this if you find the same issue arises with several programs.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@hammersheels - I'm sorry for the trouble! I would first try to Quit 1Password and the Mini by typing ^⌥⌘Q (or just holding down the Control and Option keys as you choose Quit from the 1Password menu), then delete the 1Password application. Don't use any app cleaners or uninstallers to do this, as these programs can remove more data than we want them to. Just drag the 1Password app to the Trash, then restart your Mac. Once you've restarted, open the App Store, visit the Purchased section (not the main page), locate your previous 1Password download (usually listed chronologically in order of purchase date, if that helps), and re-install. Don't worry, your data are stored elsewhere, removing and re-installing the app doesn't harm it. Let us know how you get on! :)

This discussion has been closed.