Problem installing 1password extension on firefox

Hi, I am having problems installing the extension on firefox. I have included a screen shot of the error.

1Password Version: 7.2.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.14
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• @squash,

You're going to want to update your copy of Firefox, as of the 4.7 version of the extension you need to be using Firefox 52.0 or newer.

• RightPerspectives
    RightPerspectives
    Community Member

Cannot get Firefox Quantum to install 1Password version 7. !

1Password 7.2.4
    OS 10.13.6

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Greetings @RightPerspectives,

The connection failure message is a different issue, you should find the following helps.

1. Visit https://1password.com/browsers/firefox/ in a different browser (Safari, Chrome or Internet Explorer) and download the XPI file.
    2. In Firefox visit the page about:addons and if needed select Extensions from the menu down the left hand side.
    3. Drag and drop the XPI file downloaded by step 1. onto this page.

This allows you to install the signed Firefox extension locally and bypass the issue. You should find everything works after that :smile:

• RightPerspectives
    RightPerspectives
    Community Member

@littlebobbytables thanks. I did this yesterday — thought INSIDE firefox. Worked like a charm. (Thank goodness)

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Mostly we attribute this odd connection failure to aggressive anti-virus software that terminates the connection from underneath Firefox. Why some anti-virus seems to do this or if there are other culprits I cannot say. At least it all ended well :smile:

• CarstenOrtmann
    CarstenOrtmann
    Community Member

I'm having a smilar problem, and I keep getting a message that the extension-file, that I'm trying to install (also following the above mentioned drag-and-drop-an-XPI) is broken. What to do?

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hello @CarstenOrtmann,

I believe you will find there is an update available for Firefox. They had an issue with the certificate chain used for validating extensions and for a brief period of time Firefox was refusing to allow any extension to run. The current version of Firefox is 67 and you shouldn't have any trouble with this one. If you're running 67 and still having problems with the 1Password extension please let us know.

This discussion has been closed.