1Password Extension will not activate in Chrome anymore

wavesound
wavesound
Community Member

I was working with the new Brave Browser that's based on Chrome and I added 1Password to it and after re-installing Chrome as well. The 1Password extension will not connect in either browser. 1Password opens after I get the prompt to open it from the extension but then nothing happens and I get a "Could not connect to 1Password" error from the Chrome extension. Does anyone have any insight why this might be happening?

1Password Version: 7.2.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.14
Sync Type: Cloud,Local
Referrer: forum-search:1Password Extension will not activate in Chrome anymore

Comments

• wavesound
    wavesound
    Community Member

Rebooting the whole computer seems to have solved the problem. However, it would be nice if there were some feedback from someone at 1Password about why that was necessary.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@wavesound - I'm sorry for the trouble, as well as the delay in our response time. I'm glad to hear you were able to get things back in order with a simple restart. It's hard to say with certainty at this point, since you reset the state in which there were problems, but often, that can happen because Chrome auto-updates in the background while 1Password is open, at which point the bundle ID will no longer match because it IS different from the one 1Password knows to look for. There are a few other reasons why it might happen, but it's not a frequent occurrence, and you can usually solve it if it should happen again with a simple restart, as you did. :)

This discussion has been closed.