Firefox Extension Grayed Out - Not Working

I am using Firefox 62.0.3, and this is a brand-new installation of Firefox and 1Password. There are NO other extensions loaded.

The button is greyed out and cannot be enabled.

What's the issue here??

1Password Version: 7.2.1
Extension Version: 4.7.3.90
OS Version: OS X 10.13.6
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @michaelfrankel,

Can you try quitting 1Password completely for me please and then restart 1Password and then restart Firefox. I suspect the issue is a timing one and a certain folder not being in place the last time 1Password checked. To quit 1Password completely you can hold down the alt/option key and click on the 1Password icon in the macOS menu bar at the top of the screen. Select the menu option Quit 1Password Completely.

Now if doing this and restarting Firefox afterwards doesn't see fully functionality I'd like to review a diagnostic report. Can you create one please and send it in. This link will guide you through the steps and has sections for the various supported versions of 1Password.

How to send a 1Password diagnostics report

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums

The email address you will want to use is support+extension@1password.com.

Once you've sent the report you should received an automated response from us with a ticket ID. If you can post that ticket ID here it will help us locate your diagnostic report and we'll see what it reveals.

• michaelfrankel
    michaelfrankel
    Community Member

It appears that a restart of the computer resolves the issue.

There's no way you can handle this type of situation. within the software?

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Greetings @michaelfrankel,

The most likely explanation as to what happened and why a restart helped is that a particular Firefox support folder didn't exist the last time 1Password was launched. The last time the developers took a look they didn't find anything beyond polling the filesystem repeatedly until either 1Password terminates or the folder appears and it would be considered poor programming. Still, the current behaviour is hardly great either and more often than not forces people to write in to learn of the corrective steps. There was some recent interest in having the developers take a second look and see if there is anything they missed during the first pass. It shouldn't have required a restart of the Mac though, only 1Password followed by Firefox.

Of course my assumption as to what happened could be wrong but that would mean it isn't obvious what the restart cleared.

• michaelfrankel
    michaelfrankel
    Community Member

The computer in question is a laptop, so your steps probably would've worked if I hadn't shut the laptop down (which I do whenever I'm not using it).

That being said, I see programs quit other programs (or ask us to quit them) all the time as part of an update or installation. I would think you folks could do the same.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Thinking back to the likes of Java and Flash they would ask you to restart any open browsers but that was part of their installation. I can't think of any programs that noticed you were installing something else and proactively asked you to restart them as a result. The current 1Password behaviour does have its issues and maybe the developers can think of something to work around the limitations they have to deal with.

This discussion has been closed.