To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Australian Membership Pricing

Options
DomAnd
DomAnd
Community Member

It appears only USD pricing is offered for memberships (unless I'm mistaken).

Do you (or can you) offer dedicated AUD pricing for Australia? The USD conversation into AUD does not make subscribing to memberships financially tenable.

Grateful for your feedback.

Cheers…Dom

1Password Version: 6.8.9
Extension Version: 4.7.3
OS Version: 10.14
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:Australian membership pricing

Comments

• warpspeed
    warpspeed
    Community Member
    Options

+1 it's expensive.

• Ben
    Options

Hi there,

Thanks for taking the time to write in. You can read about the various 1Password instances and how they are billed here:

1Password in your region

We currently offer 1Password in the US (USD), Canada (CAD), and Europe (EUR). Of course anyone from anywhere can sign up for any of these three instances (we don't restrict that). Additionally if you sign up through an Apple device you can set up billing through the App Store. In that case you'd pay Apple, not us. Apple generally bills in your native currency. As we don't directly offer billing in AUD you may want to look into billing through Apple, if you have an Apple device.

I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Ben

• DomAnd
    DomAnd
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you Ben

Yes, I can see my local AUD pricing in both the Mac and iOS app store.

I gather that Apple take their clip on this pricing which is why I was hoping 1P offered local pricing directly. This would greatly assist given that I was considering the family annual subscription.

All good, thanks again for your help.

Cheers…Dom

• Ben
    Options

Any cut Apple is entitled to comes out of our end, not yours. We’re essentially paying them to process the transations and manage billing. We don’t charge customers a premium for that. :) Perhaps in the future if there is enough demand we can look into adding an AUS 1Password instance and billing in AUD. For now the App Store is going to be the best solution. :+1:

Ben

This discussion has been closed.