Where is Dropbox sync? Mac/iPhone

GideonCresswell
GideonCresswell
Community Member

I purchased 1Password yesterday and wanted to use Dropbox sync. I went to https://support.1password.com/sync-with-dropbox/ and followed the instructions. However, as soon as I choose Preferences, there is no Sync option. The only options I have in my preferences are - General, Security, Accounts, Watchtower, Vaults, Browsers and Advanced. There's no Sync, Wi-Fi server, Backup or Updates options as shown in the image.

So I thought I'd try it on my iPhone app. Again there is no Sync option.

1Password Version: 7.2.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.14
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Jeffois
    Jeffois
    Community Member

Do you have a stand-alone license, or a subscription ("membership")?

Dropbox sync is available with stand-alone licenses only...

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Welcome to the forum, @GideonCresswell! I'm sorry for the confusion. If you can't see the Sync, WLAN Server or Backups tab, then you are signed in with a 1password.com account. That means sync is handled directly by the 1password.com servers, which means you don't need to bother with setting up and maintaining Dropbox sync; you're already in sync! :)

If your copy of 1Password for Mac does not have the Updates section, that's likely because you downloaded it from the Mac App Store, and updates are handled (like all Mac apps) directly through the Mac App Store update process. Let me know if you have any questions.

This discussion has been closed.