Hanging on Mac after restart

chriserickson
chriserickson
Community Member

After restarting my Macbook this morning, 1Password 7 won't start (It just says "Not Responding" in Activity Monitor). I delete, re-downloaded and re-installed 1Password, and am seeing the same thing.

1Password Version: 7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.12.6
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Welcome to the forum, @chriserickson! I'm sorry for the trouble! If you've restarted your Mac and you've re-installed 1Password, then something larger is clearly a problem. To get a better idea of what that might be, I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your Mac:

https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/?mac

Please add the following code (including the square brackets) to the Subject line of your diagnostics email before sending it:

[#NHC-64358-288]

This will link your diagnostics to our current discussion. I'll take a look and let you know what I find out.

For anyone else reading, please note: this ID is for @chriserickson only. If you’re experiencing the same issue and need help, please ask us for your own ID.

ref: NHC-64358-288

• chriserickson
    chriserickson
    Community Member

Thanks,
    I wonder if there was something weird on my system -- our group administrator pushed out more patches and required another restart, and it is no longer hanging.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@chriserickson - ah, you're in a corporate environment. Are you using 1Password for Mac for personal use, or does your company have a 1Password Teams or 1Password Business account with us as well? If it's the latter, then you should definitely get in touch with company IT and find out if other users are having the same issues, because that will likely need to be addressed by your IT folks. If you're just using 1Password personally, it may still be an issue with corporate protocols or applications interfering with 1Password...but that's not something they'll have an interest in helping you solve, necessarily. I'm glad things appear to be back to normal, but let us know if the problem recurs. Cheers! :)

• chriserickson
    chriserickson
    Community Member

Thanks Lars, it is for personal use, and I doubt they'd be very helpful. Thanks!

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@chriserickson - gotcha. You're not the only one who's in such a situation. It can REALLY vary, depending on corporate rules about installing things into your Applications folder (requires Admin access), or various network filters/AV software that companies deploy. I'm glad to hear things were resolved for you, but I'm concerned that may be only temporary. If you find this recurs in the future, I can't guarantee we can help you solve it, since there are indeed things an entity (your employer) could do/install that could prevent 1Password from working at all...but we'd be interested in seeing what the cause is. Let us know if you need similar help in the future. :)

This discussion has been closed.