Amazon AWS Web Form fields not filling

Options

Hi 1Password Team,

I am trying to get 1Password to fill in form details for Amazon AWS for me. It appears that when I do a save new login that all of the form details are showing up under Web Form Details but then I try to fill them in the only field that gets filled is Resource Owner. Am I doing something wrong or is this just a limitation of the tool? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Running:
Chrome 69.0.3497.100
1PasswordX 1.12.1

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 1.12.1
OS Version: Win 7
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:web form

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @ajmac3242,

So I have a test account for checking filling with AWS but I don't know AWS really at all beyond whatever I've already forgotten in creating an IAM account. How can I easily reach that page? I'm more than happy to test and see if I can help. I assume that some subset of the fields in the form are something you need to routinely fill and that you're hoping 1Password can help.

• ajmac3242
    ajmac3242
    Community Member
    Options

So I just created a new aws account and started from scratch to have the same view as you.

Step 1: Log in to AWS and click on Cloud Formation

Step 2: Click on Create Stack

Step 3: Choose "Select a sample template" and choose "Windows features and roles"

Step 4: Fill out the form and save as new login

Step 5: Validate that the Web Form data is in 1Password

Step 6: Refresh/restart the form and try to fill it with 1Password (this is the issue)

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    edited February 2019
    Options

Hello @ajmac3242,

Thanks to your detailed steps (I'd never have reached there without them so thank you) and a bunch of testing I am seeing odd behaviour. A Login item saved in 1Password X won't fill the fields but the very same item filled using either 1Password for Mac or 1Password for Windows with the companion extension will. Tricks that have worked in the past continue to see filling with the native application and companion extension but nothing I've tried has seen 1Password X fill this form.

I shall file a report to see if we can determine what has changed and why 1Password X doesn't want to fill.

Now the EC2 KeyPair field may be problematic regardless as it seems to want to switch between a drop down menu or a text field for searching and I suspect the behaviour changes slightly depending on how you have AWS set up. I expect you have existing EC2 KeyPairs for example. I can only get this field to fill if I first click on it so that it changes to a text field.

ref: xplatform/brain#22

• ajmac3242
    ajmac3242
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the help. As far as the KeyPair field goes, for me, that changes quite a bit so I never intended on filling that one in. Let me know if there is anything else on my end that I can help out with.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @ajmac3242,

Your description was fantastic so I think you've already helped us out tremendously. For the steps to reproduce I simply pointed to this conversation as the best I could possibly do would be to copy and paste everything you'd posted. Thank you for taking the time to educate me :smile:

• ajmac3242
    ajmac3242
    Community Member
    Options

I know you said that this worked with the windows version of 1Password and the companion extension. Do you know if I can save the login with 1Password for Windows and fill the password with 1PasswordX?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I can't since I don't have a keypair to try it with, but it's worth a shot. I'd be curious to know either way. :)

This discussion has been closed.