Need to reset my Master Password. Password was forgotten and no family member remembers it

robertkvaughn
robertkvaughn
Community Member

I have forgotten my Master Password. No family members remember it either... so I need to reset, uninstall or reinstall
1Password7

1Password Version: 1Password7
Extension Version: 1Password 7 Version 7.2.1 (70201001) Mac App Store
OS Version: OSX 10.14 (Mojave)
Sync Type: iCloud... Maybe
Referrer: forum-search:Need to reset my Master Password. Password was lost and no family member remembers it

Comments

• robertkvaughn
    robertkvaughn
    Community Member

1Password was in its initial config and has not been implemented / integrated with applications

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Welcome to the forum, @robertkvaughn! I'm sorry to hear about the forgotten Master Password - let's get you a solution.

When you say "no family member," that makes me think you have a 1Password Families account. If so, you may be able to get a family member to recover your account. If you're a solo user of 1password.com with an individual account, however, then your data will be unrecoverable if you cannot remember your Master Password. Please try the steps in this guide to see if you can remember, and if not, please send us an email to support+forum@1password.com. Please add the following code (including the square brackets) to the Subject line of your email before sending it:

[#XTH-97319-252]

This will link your email to our current discussion. I'll help you reset your account via email. Hope you can remember your Master Password or a family member can help you recover your account!

ref: XTH-97319-252

This discussion has been closed.