No filling in Brave with 1Password 7 for Mac

This discussion was created from comments split from: 1Password 6 for Mac incompatible with Brave browser.

Comments

• gfournel
    gfournel
    Community Member

Hello,
    I have 1Password 7.2.1, and Brave 0.25.2. The 1password extension is properly showing propositions of credentials, but when I click on one, the fields are not filled, and I tested to quit both apps, and restart, still not working ?
    What can I do ?
    Thks in advance,
    Greg

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Greetings @gfournel,

I've split your enquiry away from the other conversation as that was specifically focussed on the fact that 1Password 6 does not have current certificate details for Brave which stops the code verification check from passing. Whatever is happening for you will be quite different.

If you visit about:preferences#extensions what version of the 1Password extension does it say is installed?

• gfournel
    gfournel
    Community Member

I have the 1password extension version : 4.7.2.90

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @gfournel,

Well that eliminates the possibility I was thinking of. I think I will need to review a diagnostic report to see if we can spot any reason why filling wouldn't be happening. Can you create one for me please and send it in. This link will guide you through the steps and has sections for the various supported versions of 1Password.

How to send a 1Password diagnostics report

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums

The email address you will want to use is support+extension@1password.com.

Once you've sent the report you should received an automated response from us with a ticket ID. If you can post that ticket ID here it will help us locate your diagnostic report and we'll see what it reveals.

• Dr_Agileup77
    Dr_Agileup77
    Community Member

I have the same issue as gfournel. I have same extension on a Mac. Thanks for any assistance.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Dr_Agileup77: I hope you're not also using an outdated version. Can you tell me the exact OS, 1Password, Brave, and extension versions you have there?

• Dr_Agileup77
    Dr_Agileup77
    Community Member

I updated and found the newer versions of Brave and OS. Working now. Thank you.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for the update! Glad to hear it. I'm liking the new Brave myself. :)

• sourdoughpablo
    sourdoughpablo
    Community Member

I'm having the same problem. I'm using MacOS Sierra 10.12.6, Brave Version 0.57.18 Chromium: 71.0.3578.80, and 1Password 7 v7.2.2.

1Password 6 quit working with the last Brave update this week.

After installing 1P7 and licensing it, I closed Brave closed 1P completely, opened 1P again, and opened Brave again. This seems to have given me all the functionality except for the filling in of password fields.

• sourdoughpablo
    sourdoughpablo
    Community Member

Update: My problem resolved when I installed the latest Sierra Security Update.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

I don't think the security update has any impact on this, but rather the reboot is what helped -- perhaps because Brave had a pending update. Anyway, just glad to hear that all is well again. :)

This discussion has been closed.