Primary vault on my Mac showing more items in categories then online vaults

dal818
dal818
Community Member
edited October 2018 in Mac

I noticed that the primary vault on my Mac showing more items in categories than online vaults.
1Password 7
OS 10.14
Sync with 1password online

Referrer: forum-search:Primary vault on my Mac showing more items in categories then online vaults

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Welcome to the forum, @dal818! I'm sorry for the confusion. If you have a 1password.com account, you should not still have a Primary vault, for this very reason. When you first copy your data from your Primary vault into your newly-created 1password.com vault(s), you no longer need the Primary vault (because all the data is moved). If you keep it, you effectively have two copies of the same thing, at least at first. But what happens over time is that you may save some new information or edits to the Primary vault, and others to the Personal vault of your 1password.com account, resulting in these two stores of data becoming different over time.

Can you recall when you created your 1password.com account and copied your existing 1Password data into it?

• dal818
    dal818
    Community Member

Not offhand but I may be able to figure it out.

• dal818
    dal818
    Community Member

It looks like back in July is when I created vaults.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@dal818 - OK, thanks. So, what I'd do is use the vault menu to switch to your Primary vault (instead of the All Vaults view), then make sure you're looking at All Items and sort the list by Date Modified (using the Sorted By chooser at the top of the list of items). This will give you a list of all the items you've changed or created since July. Use cmd + click (⌘-click) or shift-click to select any new/changed items, then move those items from Primary into Personal, after which you can delete the older Primary vault by visiting Preferences > Advanced and UN-checking the box marked "Allow creation of vaults outside 1password.com accounts."

• dal818
    dal818
    Community Member

Ok, thanks.
    Don

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@dal818 :) :+1:

This discussion has been closed.