How to set the browser extensions to click Login after filling required fields

Options
KapitiKit
KapitiKit
Community Member

In 1Password 6, using the keystroke code to access a browser extension and autofill the required login fields ALSO hit the 'Login'/'Enter' button, so I didn't have to click that separately to move through to the next page. I have just installed 1Password 7 on my new iMac (running High Sierra), and the browser extension seems to work fine, but actioning after autofilling no longer takes place. I've hunted through the preferences to see if there's a button to turn on, but I've not found one. Please advise.

Thanks

Chris B

1Password Version: 7.2.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS 10.13.6
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:action after login

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@KapitiKit - Auto-fill has been removed in 1Password 7 for Mac because Apple removed the method we were using to effect it (a small script which simulated the press of the return (enter) key). Although our own use of this method was perfectly legitimate, Apple pointed out that this is also how some of the worst malware out there installs itself (a simulated return-key press). That official OS-level discouragement, coupled with the fact that we actually agree with their reasoning AND that auto-submit didn't always work cleanly, led to us deciding to shutter the feature.

This discussion has been closed.