My password is cut off when entered into web site

Options

When I'm accessing capitalone360.com web site, the 1password enters the login/password fields but the password is cut off. I can see it visually, i.e. if I have 10 character password I can see 10 dots in password field and then they are truncated to smaller number. The site correctly tell me that my password is incorrect. What I do is I manually type it and everything is fine. It happens in Chrome browser which I use and I use 1password version 6 for Mac OSX.

1Password Version: 6.8.9
Extension Version: 4.7.3.90
OS Version: OSX 10.13.6
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:password is cut

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Greetings @vkuznet,

Can you test and let me know what happens if you manually create an entirely new Login item using the steps detailed on our support page How to save a Login manually in your browser please. Do you see the same behaviour as present in the old Login item?

• vkuznet
    vkuznet
    Community Member
    Options

Hi, yes, this works and new login item does not inherit this behavior. What the difference? I also identified yet another web, protonmail.com, which has a similar issue. I think this issue was introduced in recent upgrade since I haven't had it before and visited these sites normally.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

It sounds like you saved the Login on a page which truncated the password field for some reason. I can't say I see that often, but I have seen it before. You should be able to save a new Login for that as well though. Give that a try.

This discussion has been closed.