not getting watchtower alerts on ios

Options
TheGingerMonkey
TheGingerMonkey
Community Member

i have accounts with watchtower alerts on 1password for windows but the same accounts do not show any alerts or banners on ios. I have restarted app, restarted phone, turned off watchrtower in settings on ios and turned back on again but nothing seems to kick it into life.
i am on ios12 on an iphone XS max

1Password Version: 7.2.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: ios
Sync Type: dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:watchtower ios

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @TheGingerMonkey

I'm sorry to hear about the trouble. Do you see any Watchtower alerts at all on iOS (i.e. is it just these two specific items that you aren't seeing warnings for or are you not seeing any warnings)? What problem is Watchtower warning about on Windows: duplicated password, compromised site, ...?

Please let me know.

Ben

• TheGingerMonkey
    TheGingerMonkey
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Ben
    I don’t get any watchtower alerts on iOS at all.
    When I look at the windows version I can see numerous accounts in most of the categories - vulnerable, weak, unsecured, inactive 2FA, expiring but none of these accounts have warnings in 1password for iOS. It’s like I have it turned off or something but I have double checked that it is on on iOS

• Ben
    Options

Thanks, @TheGingerMonkey. At the moment the Watchtower feature in 1Password for iOS is a bit behind the Mac and Windows clients. It only checks for compromised logins. It doesn't check for weak or reused passwords, 2FA, etc. We do hope to bring some if not all of those improvements to iOS in the future.

Sorry I don't have a better answer for the short term.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.