iOS App Keeps Prompting for Master Password

Options
KramRM
KramRM
Community Member

I have my app set to use lock on exit and to use Face ID to unlock. I understand that after a device reboot it should prompt for the master password, but after that I would expect Face ID to allow unlock for subsequent access. I have noticed that with the latest version of the app, I am always prompted for my master password and don't have an option to use the Face ID unlock. This is mainly when using the iOS 12 auto-fill password feature.

1Password Version: 7.2.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS
Sync Type: Family

Comments

• andmade
    andmade
    Community Member
    Options

I’ve also been experiencing with Touch ID where it would no longer pop up despite it being selected in the settings. I managed to trigger it to work again by toggling Lock On Exit to on. Since you already have it on, maybe try toggling it off (and then back on) to see if it gets it to work again.

• KramRM
    KramRM
    Community Member
    Options

I’ll give that a try.

• Ben
    Options

Please try setting 1Password > Settings > Advanced > Security > Always show lock screen for Password AutoFill on. Also please see if launching the main 1Password application and unlocking there will allow subsequent unlocks via Password AutoFill to unlock with Face ID.

Ben

• KramRM
    KramRM
    Community Member
    Options

Not sure which of the previous suggestions helped, but it does seem to be offering Face ID unlock more. If I don't come back and post again, then it is working.

Thank you.

• Ben
    Options

Great. :+1:

Ben

This discussion has been closed.