Unable to access App

Options
bobvandelay
bobvandelay
Community Member

Unable to open 1Password with Mac app or Mac browser extension with newly changed MPW & SK. Able to access via website with new MPW & SK. Have uninstalled & reinstalled app/extension & turned off machine numerous times. 1Password > Preferences, thru Mac app displays previous (old) secret key. Able to use new MPW & SK on iPhone by uninstalling app, re-download & QR code. Advice?

1Password Version: 7.2.1
Extension Version: 7.2.1
OS Version: Safari version 12.0
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@bobvandelay: It sounds like you just need to sign out of the account in the app and then sign in with your current credentials. Have you tried that?

• bobvandelay
    bobvandelay
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Brenty, Thanks for your prompt response. I re-tried old MPW & was able to get in, but how do I sign out?

• bobvandelay
    bobvandelay
    Community Member
    Options

There is a pop-up re: Authentication Error. Old SK is auto-populated. Should I enter old or new SK & MPW to sign in?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi Brenty, Thanks for your prompt response. I re-tried old MPW & was able to get in, but how do I sign out?

@bobvandelay: If the "old" Master Password is working, you likely have an old local vault setup in the app. Are you seeing Primary?

There is a pop-up re: Authentication Error. Old SK is auto-populated. Should I enter old or new SK & MPW to sign in?

Definitely enter your current account credentials when prompted. That will help resolve that issue.

• bobvandelay
    bobvandelay
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you very much. The issue seems to be resolved now.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Excellent! Thanks for the update. Just keep in mind that if you do have a Primary vault, it is completely separate from 1Password.com and will not sync.

This discussion has been closed.