Touch Bar stopped working in 1PW 7.2.1 on 2018 MacBook Pro running Mojave 10.14. Option greyed out.

BZZZZZ
BZZZZZ
Community Member
edited October 2018 in Mac

Touch ID has been working in 1Password 7.2.1 on my 2018 MacBook Pro, running MacOS Mojave 14.10. This morning, I tried to use my fingerprint with 1Password. It didn't work. I typed in my master password to open 1PW. The fingerprint logo was missing from the front page of the app. "Allow Touch ID to open 1Password" was greyed out in Preferences>Security. What should I do?

ADDENDUM: I sync 1password.opvault to a folder in the secure Tresorit online cloud. My wife shares the sync with her late 2013 MacBook Pro, running 1Password 7.2.1 MacOS Mojave 10.14. NOTE: My wife's MacBook Pro does NOT have a Touch Bar or Touch ID.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Touch Bar

Comments

• BZZZZZ
    BZZZZZ
    Community Member

Addendum 2: Getting no response from the forum administrator, I tried some DIY. Without removing the old 1Password app, I reinstalled 7.1.2. The fingerprint logo again appears in front when 1PW opens, and I'm able to unlock with Touch ID. Hopefully, this fix will last.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Glad to hear that installing a fresh copy helped. We've had some reports of issues with Touch ID after macOS updates or upgrades to new Macs due to Keychain issues with the Secure Enclave data stored there (which Touch ID support relies on). Hopefully you won't encounter further issues, but please let us know if you do.

• BZZZZZ
    BZZZZZ
    Community Member

Will do. Thanks Brenty.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@BZZZZZ - :) :+1:

This discussion has been closed.