Feature Request - Associate logins to credit cards (and vice versa)

Halfrack
Halfrack
Community Member

So you can do a custom field on a login, and note which credit card you used. If you're good you'll use the same reference across all accounts. What I would like to see the the ability to add a 'referenced payment method' for use under a login. Then, when you get a new card in the mail, you can go under credit cards, enter the new card info and have a check list of places that will need the new card information. This allows you to keep track of which card is used where.

This would also help when some accounts are shared outside of 1Password, say NetFlix is on your wife's credit card, not yours. Since billing details seem to be in play for authenticating an account, this would also allow you to have historical billing references.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• XIII
    XIII
    Community Member

Maybe you can tag all those items and link them to your credit cards entries?

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator

@Halfrack ,

Could you not use a Tag for this, such as Visa_6473 and MC_8261 ?

• Halfrack
    Halfrack
    Community Member

Like I said, if you're good you'll use the same reference across all accounts, then search for them. I think the request can be summed up as to allow linking or referencing between entries.

• That’s already possible with 1Password membership, and in fact is how I track this myself. :) If you have a 1Password membership check out the “related items” feature at the bottom of each item. I create a link from each credit card to each account that has that card, so when I get a new card I just pull up the record for it and I can see which accounts have that payment info.

Ben

• r1ma
    r1ma
    Community Member

@ben When clicking on Link Existing which is under the "related items"; in which other scenarios might be helpful?

• Sorry, I don't follow. Could you please rephrase the question?

Ben

This discussion has been closed.