I have a family account and for some reason, I can't get the extension for Chrome ?

cheekpa1
cheekpa1
Community Member

I have regular Google and it works fine with 1Password7 but I can't get the extension to work on Google Chrome. I've tried and tried.

1Password Version: 7.1.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS 10.13.6
Sync Type: ICloud
Referrer: forum-search:I have a family account and for some reason, I can't get the extension for Chrome ?

Comments

• Hey @cheekpa1, I'm sorry to hear about the trouble getting the extension to work in Chrome! Could you let us know a bit more about the trouble you're seeing when trying to use the extension?

Also, which version of 1Password are you using in Chrome - the extension, or 1Password X? https://1password.com/downloads/mac/

• cheekpa1
    cheekpa1
    Community Member

OK. I am using the extension in Chrome and this is what it says: Suggested items - Google Chrome - Install the 1Password extension to fill passwords, credit Cards, and addresses in your web browser!

It then takes me 1Password Install the Extension - You must have Google Chrome installed. I do have it. If I then go into my account, it does not give me a place to put it into Chrome.

What happens is I have to have my regular Google up and running and go back and forth between the two sites: Google and then Google Chrome. Google will automatically fill but Google Chrome keeps telling me I need the Extension. When I call up the Extension page, it says I already have it on Chrome. But, it still doesn't work.

Curious.

Patty

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@cheekpa1: I don't understand what you're referring to. Do you have more than one copy of Chrome installed? What version of Chrome and the 1Password extension are you using?

This discussion has been closed.