I accidentally deleted a login entry on 1Password7. How to recover?

derekmegyesi
derekmegyesi
Community Member

HI folks,

I am on a iMac using macOS Mojave (version 10.14), and using 1Password 7 (Version 7.2.1 (70201002).

I accidentally erased one of my entries, but with this new version of 1Password 7, I don't know how to recover the file. In Version 6 it was easy, as I could just restore from my local backup file, but how do I restore using version 7?

Help!

1Password Version: 7.2.1
Extension Version: 70201002
OS Version: macOS Mojave (version 10.14)
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• Henry
    Henry
    1Password Alumni

Hi @derekmegyesi! When you delete an item, it'll stick around in the Trash for accidental deletions just like this one. You'll see 1Password 7 for Mac's Trash in the bottom of the left sidebar, just like in this screenshot:

Open up the Trash, find the item you just deleted, and tap that Restore Item button! It'll move right back into your vault. Hope that helps :)

• derekmegyesi
    derekmegyesi
    Community Member

Hi Henry,

I wish it was that simple >_< What about if I emptied my trash? Is it gone for good?

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@derekmegyesi - it's gone for good from the current data store, yes. But you're correct, it will be available in a backup, which will depend upon how you use 1Password 7 for Mac. If you're a standalone user, then backups work as they always have. If you have a 1password.com membership now, then you can restore your item by signing into your account in a browser and clicking the Trash, followed by "View Archived Items." You'll see a list of everything you've deleted, and you can restore any item to the state and location it was in when you trashed it. Hope that helps! :)

• derekmegyesi
    derekmegyesi
    Community Member

@Lars. Thanks. That helps a lot. I figured you folks wouldn't forget that.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@derekmegyesi - glad I could point you in the right direction, and happy to have your back! :)

This discussion has been closed.