Just transferred to a new powerbook and login isn't offered

Options
tonywood1
tonywood1
Community Member

I'm setting up a new powerbook, transferred everything from one computer to another through Time machine. The 1Password app is not giving me the option to login, it's just offering me to buy it. How do I login?

1Password Version: 6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.14
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

Were you on a subscription or a licence?

If a sub, then you had a secret key on your old machine, which would not have transferred to the new. Best option, I think is if you have an Emergency Kit and can scan the QR code on the new machine. Alternatively you can just read the rather long Secret Key on the old machine and enter it on the new one.

I'm not sure of the best way to do it with a licence. It can be done easily enough, though. If you have the licenced version, did you keep the email that contained the licence file?

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@tonywood1 - if you restored from a Time Machine backup, you should have had your license transfer as well, assuming you transferred "everything." But if not, all you need to do is locate your previous license for 1Password 6 for Mac (will be in the email you originally received at the time of purchase), and install it from there. @danco is right - if you have a 1password.com membership, just sign in with your account credentials, and that's all you'll need.

This discussion has been closed.