1PW 6.6.2 on old tablet

Options
petalhanger
petalhanger
Community Member

I have an old Samsung Galaxy note 10 tablet, which although officially obsolete, I still use. It's perfectly serviceable for what I use it for and I don't want to be forced (also can't afford) to replace it. It's running 1PW 6.6.2 and Android 4.1.2 Neither 1PW nor Android have updated versions that are compatible with the device. All was fine until 1PW upgraded the Android version to 7 which forced me to migrate from agile to OPV on all my other devices. Now 1PW6 on my tablet cannot sync with the old agile vault. I use Dropbox sync btw. My question is, how can I delete or update the vault location so that 1PW6 can find the new opv vault? There doesn't seem to be any option under any menu to delete the local data and sync with a new vault. I would really appreciate some help with this. I want to continue using my historic device. As I said, it's perfectly sound. The only thing that now doesn't work that I want to work is 1PW. I was previously using 1PW4 on this device and it updated itself to 1PW6. Happy to roll back to 1PW4 if necessary to keep working.

1Password Version: 6.6.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Android 4.1.2
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Hi @petalhanger. 1Password 6 can sync with your OPVault folder in Dropbox. Just go to your device settings and tap Apps > 1Password > Clear Data, and it will erase the existing data from the app. Then you can launch 1Password, choose Dropbox, and sync with the newer 1Password.opvault folder there. Let me know how that goes!

• petalhanger
    petalhanger
    Community Member
    Options

That's amazing thank you :) I was looking for the setting to delete data within the app itself. All sorted now many thanks for your help.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Glad Peri was able to help! :) Another thing to keep in mind is that 1Password, like other Android apps, does not automatically update itself; that's a setting for the Google Play store. If you're going to continue using an outdated device/OS (not that I'd recommend doing so, unless it's used for literally nothing important at all, certainly not for sensitive data), you may want to consider disabling automatic updates and then doing them manually. But really it would be best to keep the thing offline anyway, since you won't have fixes for known security vulnerabilities.

This discussion has been closed.