Item Print in Dark Mode is mostly Black on Dark Gray (Unreadable)

xz4gb8
xz4gb8
Community Member

Login Items selected for Share by print in Mojave Dark Mode are mostly Black on Dark Gray (Unreadable). Numbers and symbols appear in light gray and are barely readable.

I know you said you would not put in a toggle for Dark Mode in 1Password, but this is ridiculous. On paper it is a waste of toner and on screen (i.e., PDF) is is unreadable. Please reconsider adding usability control for the user.

1Password Version: 1Password 7 Version 7.2.1 (70201002) AgileBits Sto
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 10.14
Sync Type: AgileBitsCloud

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@xz4gb8 - I'm unable to reproduce that behavior here, currently, which leads me to believe it's either something about your particular setup, or that it's been fixed in the beta releases. I can't find any specific notes about that issue, but I know work was fine-tuning Dark Mode in recent betas, so I'd suggest either you grab and install the latest beta or wait until it makes its way to the stable channel (should be pretty soon, barring catastrophes), and see if the problem persists.

• xz4gb8
    xz4gb8
    Community Member
    edited November 2018

@Lars - The manual download of the Beta brought the fix. The results are quite satisfactory.

Recently, checking for updates with "Include beta builds" checked had been incorrectly telling me I was up to date.

Thank you.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@xz4gb8 - glad to hear it! :) I think the beta update issue was also addressed in the recent beta, so that should be good from here on out, but you might want to check the updates server periodically in the near future just to make sure. Also, FYI, just after midnight last night, the official 7.2.2 release shipped, so you can probably safely go back to the stable channel now, and retain all the gains from the beta.

• xz4gb8
    xz4gb8
    Community Member

Thank you.
    8-)

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

:) :+1:

• xz4gb8
    xz4gb8
    Community Member

@lars - Minor fables as of 10 November AM EST:
    Update server link you gave opens release notes page.
    Update server main page shows 7.2.2 only released for iOS, not macOS.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@xz4gb8 - yes, I'm sorry -- 7.2.2 official has NOT been released yet -- that was my own error. I saw an internal post that said it had been (and it has!)...but it was for 1Password for iOS, not 1Password for Mac. However, you can still use the 7.2.2.BETA-5 release for now (official build should be out later this week). Sorry for the confusion.

Also, the "release notes page" IS the downloads page: the version numbers are clickable.

• xz4gb8
    xz4gb8
    Community Member

@lars - I see the confusion source. I have been using agilbits.com/download as a download page URL for new installs.

On many other sites the release notes page does not have download links, so I never looked there on agilbits.com. Also, the automatic update notice conveniently contains the release notes for that version.

Thank you for the additional information.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@xz4gb8 - wouldn't you know it, I typed my previous reply to you this morning, admitting I'd made a mistake...and meanwhile, literally while I was typing it, the devs were actually in the process of releasing the full 7.2.2 version of 1Password 7 for Mac. So now I'm a liar twice! ;)

Seriously, though, the 7.2.2 update is now live; you should be able to download it either within the app itself, or from our downloads page. :)

• xz4gb8
    xz4gb8
    Community Member

@lars - Check for updates found 7.2.2. It works on my desktop. Other machines will be updated later.

Again, thank you.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

:) :+1:

This discussion has been closed.