Macbook air updated to Mojave - 1Password doesnt work

oldarcher
oldarcher
Community Member

Macbook Air updated to Mojave. 1Pass didn't work
Forum said 1Pass v7 required.
Did the upgrade. Couldn't find out what extension required
I have 4.7.3.90 1Pass doesn't work
After updated to v7, when I clicked the 1Pass button in Chrome it said I had to buy it again....I'm fine with that. But I don't want all the backups.
There was no choice - I just want 1Password.
I'm backed up extensively - Yet another backup is counter productive and increases risk of others accessing data
FYI 1Password currently backs itself up to DropBox

Now nothing works at all......
I just need whatever software is required to deal with passwords, I don't need all the other add ons, backup etc etc.

Now I can't work because I can't access any passwords.
Help......!!!
(not a sophisticated user......keep it simple please)
Joan

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• andrewsmmm
    andrewsmmm
    Community Member

In the same boat - extremely frustrating.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Welcome to the forum, @oldarcher! I'm sorry for the trouble. You can use the previous version 6 in Mojave - at least for now - but it's strongly recommended to upgrade to 1Password 7 for Mac. Did you create a 1password.com account (membership) in the process? Or are you still using 1Password in standalone mode, with Dropbox sync. Let me know what you see when you open Preferences > Vaults? Please let me know the number of vaults you have there, and the names of the vaults.

If "nothing works at all," can you please tell me what specific steps you're taking, and what you're seeing? Feel free to take a screenshot of what you see, if that’s easier. Thanks!

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Welcome to the forum, @andrewsmmm! I'm sorry to hear you're having troubles, but there isn't much I can do with "in the same boat." Can you please tell us what specific versions of

1. 1Password
    2. Browser extension
    3. macOS

...you're using, what specific steps you've taken so far, and what's not working the way you expect? Thanks.

This discussion has been closed.