How can I avoid having to enter my master password multiple times during a session?

sherm123
sherm123
Community Member

It seems as if I have to enter my master password every time I go to a new site. This occurs even though I've not signed off a session.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:How can I avoid having to enter my master password multiple times during a session?

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@sherm123 - I'm sorry for the trouble! You may want to check your Preferences > Security settings for the various timeouts -- make sure nothing's inadvertently changed there. If all of that looks good/unchanged, then I'd recommend restarting your Mac and seeing if the problem persists. Let me know what you discover.

• sherm123
    sherm123
    Community Member

Had never realized the options existed in Preferences>Security. Think all is well now. Thank you. Sherman Schaefer

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@sherm123 - you're quite welcome! Glad I was able to assist. Like a lot of software, 1Password is designed so that if you never even open Preferences, it'll still probably work just fine. The default settings will work for most people in most situations. But the Preferences are there for (among other things) users who perhaps aren't in ordinary situations, or who have special wishes/requirements, to tweak how 1Password behaves, to some extent. It's worth sitting down for an hour some evening and just going through all of the panels in Preferences, just to get an idea of what's available. I don't advocate people change settings willy-nilly (especially if you're not sure what they do), but it's good to know what you can do. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.