1Password 7 - where are folders?

tbeckett
tbeckett
Community Member

It appears that folders and smart folders have disappeared from 1 Password in this latest version. I really rely on the folders to keep my various logins and other passwords organized, and to keep "work" and "personal" accounts segregated. Search does not do it for me. Is there a way to continue using folders in version 7?

1Password Version: 7.2.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Mac OS ver. 10.14
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Welcome to the forum, @tbeckett! I'm sorry for the inconvenience, but folders have been replaced by tags in 1Password 7 for Mac. You'll find tags in the left sidebar of 1Password 7 for Mac, and if you have only a standalone setup, you can still use Smart Folders, but if you have a 1password.com account, tags are your main organizational tool. However, in version 7 tags can also be nested within one another, so that may help you depending on your setup. Also, upgrading from 1Password 6 for Mac to version 7 should have converted your folders to tags automatically. Check existing tags in a few items, and if it seems that didn't happen, please try Help > Tools > Migrate Folders to Tags. You'll need to do this on a vault-by-vault basis. Hope that helps! :)

• tbeckett
    tbeckett
    Community Member

Thanks. That helps a lot.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@tbeckett - :) :+1:

This discussion has been closed.